Sunday 10 June 2018

I went to Malawi

Hi di ho peeps!

Many of you know that I recently got back from a trip to Malawi where I was volunteering with a charity called Open Arms Malawi which is supported by my employer.  I was fortunate to go on this adventure with 9 other colleagues from across Europe, who I'd never met before! I had the most incredible experience so I'm going to share with you the blog that the team wrote across the week we were away.

Thank you to everyone who supported me on this journey both financially and emotionally, the trip wouldn't have been possible without your support!

Every day will be a very photo heavy post and then we'll get back to some crafty antics!!!



Day 1

We are off! Everyone very excited and getting to know each other, flying through the night. Figuring out things on the way.

9.30am: The whole group has united in Addis Ababa, with a collection of people from Ireland, the UK, Switzerland and Italy. We’re on our way now to Lilongwe and guess what, we have a lady pilot! A very happy one (we think she was on Facebook as she didn't hear us calling at her!) 
We are all tired, and off to sleep (...again)

630pm: ooooh finally we arrived after a more than 25hrs of travel! 3 planes and a 4.5 hrs minibus ride... a bit of a wild ride on the bumpy roads that made some hearts jump a bit! A very effective team on board spraying right into the face of a sneaky mosquito that made its way onto the minibus!

We bought some peanuts from the girls on the road and did some shopping ourselves! Enjoyed a great BBQ with Charlie, our host, and a gecko in the garden with beer and the peaceful sound of the lake.










No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...