Sunday 20 June 2010

Happy Father's day!!!

I hope that you've all had a lovely day. It was my hubby's first father's day, but unfortunately I'm so full of cold that we were unable to go out and enjoy the sunshine. I'm sure we'll make up for it next year.

On Friday I was able to drop Ben off with his grandma and enjoy craft day with the girlies. It was so wonderful to have a day off. Who would have thought that a small child could be so much work??? Thank you to the fantabulous Linda for hosting craft day. It was sooo fab!

I made, sorry that should read Ben made (LOL) this card for his dad on craft day. I followed the Cute Card Thursday Sketch (from memory, so it may not be totally spot on!) and used one of Karen's Doodles fabulous stamps. This stamp is perfectly entitled crafting widower. I've coloured with my copics and chalked the edges. DP is from K&Co. and the sentiment is from Craftwork Cards.

As well as the card "Ben" also made his dad a picture. I was inspired by a catalogue, they wanted £69 for something similar. I bought the tiles off ebay and the frame was from hobbycraft. Worked out at just £18 - Bargain! I was a little worried what the DH would think, but he absolutely loved it. I think it really hit him that he's actually a dad now. ahhhh!

Well that's about it for today. Hopefully my cold will disappear soon. I've got some more projects to share with you this week - yay!

As its Father's day, it does seem to be the theme over at a few blogs, so I'm also entering this card into the following competitions:

Cupcake Craft Challenge ~ One for the Boys.
Crafty Cardmakers ~ Cards for Men.
Cards for Men ~ Fathers Day.
Creative Inspiration ~ One for the Boys.
Fairy Fun Friday Challenge ~ For Dad.
Raise the Bar Challenge ~ What a special guy.
One Stop Craft Challenge ~ One for the Boys.

9 comments:

  1. Lovely card Nic. That image does make me laugh!
    I love your framed gift, it's so simple and still stylish and looks like it cost a small fortune. It's really cool, love it!
    Hope you're feeling better soon.
    Hugs Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. It was lovely to see you on the craft day and Ben is very talented!

    See you soon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your card with that stunning image........it makes me smile....thanks for joining in at FFF....hope you will play again next week....lots of success with all your challenges!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card , thanks for Joining us at One stop craft challenge this week
    Hugs
    Francesca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card love the image good luck & thanks for joining us at OSSC, Janet

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've created such a beautiful card using our theme!
    Thanks for joining us at One Stop Craft Challenge this week! :)
    Hugs Itzuvit xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha--this image makes me laugh!
    Thank you so much for playing with us this week at OSCC!

    Have a great day,
    --Kathryn

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that image, such a lot of fun and I'm very impressed with the frame you made. Great saving and a lot more personal to boot. Well done xx

    Thanks for joining us in our latest challenge over at Crafty Cardmakers :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...