Friday 28 May 2010

It's been a bit of a rough week

On Sunday evening my dearest darling cat disappeared. I've been out searching and dropping leaflets through the doors of my neighbours but to no avail. I have always been somewhat obsessed by cats (don't worry, I'm not some freaky cat lady with cats everywhere) I've never been able to pass one in the street without saying hello. It used to take me an hour to walk a quarter of a mile home from the bus stop as I had to stroke all of the cats on the way down the hill. They all used to lie on the wall of their front garden ready and waiting - LOL! Needless to say I'm somewhat heart broken and very lost without my kitty to cuddle. When I spoke to the vet on Wednesday, they informed me that 2 other cats had gone missing in the previous two days which is a good indication that someone has snatched him. Fingers crossed he is found soon and if someone has stolen him to sell on, hopefully he'll have nice new owners that'll be responsible and take him to the vet for a check who'll find his microchip and he'll be brought home to me. Got to think positive!! He's a pic of my beautiful Sampson aka Sammy. So let me know if you see him on your travels -LOL!



Anyway onto happier things...

I've made a card for this weeks challenge over at Kraftin Kimmie Stamps 'How Charming'. After missing last week's deadline I was determined to get this one done with time to spare.


I've used the brand new and fabulous Florence for this card. I did a car boot sale on Sunday and made a whopping £94. I decided the week before the car boot that if I made £100 I would treat myself to a new stamp. I figured 94 was close enough and I couldn't resist this beauty. As soon as I saw it on the previews I thought of my Banana Flip-Flop paper from Imaginisce and flip-flop charm from Bunny-Zoes and this is the result. I've also used some ribbon from my stash, but you figured that out from the pic - right! Florence has been coloured with my copics and the beach as been added with chalks.

Thank you for stopping by and for your help in my quest for finding my kitty.
Nxxx

4 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. I hope he comes back home to you. I have 2 cats and I'm frantic if they don't come home, I'm just a big and silly softy!
    I love your card, fab image and those papers are just perfect.
    I'll keep my fingers crossed for you that he's home soon.
    Love Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH Nicola! You've done a wonderful job with Eleanor! That paper and the flip flop charm are wonderful! Thanks for joining us for this week's Kraftin' Kimmie challenge!

    And I do hope your kitty cat comes home soooooon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry! to hear about Sammy....he'll come wandering home like nothing is wrong and look at you as if your crazy - I'm sure of it!!

    Congratulations on the BlogCandy, btw. I was lucky enough to win the LOTV Candy! So excited! Lots to play with on our craft day! YAY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful job with the Florence stamp,Nicola!! Sorry, it's taking me so long to comment, but it's been another crazy week, (I'd like to have one that's not!!). Congrats on winning Kimmie's Perfect Poison, you will love playing with her. Is there any news on your dear kitty?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...